Thursday, January 16, 2014

Drayter - Band Review

Drayter 

    As my first review, I would like to touch on a band I recently found through Slicethepie (a music reviewing website). At first I was scared, as most music I have reviewed on this website happened to be pretty terrible, Drayter was a great refresher for that thought. This song began to play and I was immediately drawn in by the soft but gritty riff to start the song, followed by extremely clean female vocals. The chorus of the song is amazingly simple and easy to catch on to; which, is a huge plus for most newer bands, or any band for that matter. Throughout the song there are no significantly harsh vocal parts that stick out to the naked ear, which is great. Most would agree when I claim that rock bands should NOT have insanely harsh or crazy notes that they need to hit throughout their song, (unless of course you happen to be in Queen). Another notable feature of this band, (and this song is particular) is that they have great breakdowns that bring you just that much further into the song. The instruments throughout every song I have heard have been absolutely phenomenal and accompany the lead singer on a perfect level.

 My only complaint, (though I have yet to see them live) is that they seem to be lacking a lot of stage presence on their Youtube videos. This may be due to the stage; or, just the fact that they have none, but they seem to remain generally stationary, which seems to be the only flaw I can pick out.

With unique female vocals, and a very interesting set of songs released thus far. The up and coming band Drayter is definitely one you'll want to keep your eyes out for.

My Rating: 4 out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment